Saturday, February 9, 2008

More Pictures of the Small Manor


Well, I know that I said our next post would be the "Tale of Two Pigs" but Kim and the kids are gone to our favorite place to shop "Super Wal-Mart." So, taking a break from writing a 25 page paper on the background of Ephesians, I thought I would write a quick post and include some more pictures from our wonderful home.


The first picture is from the yard looking at the house. It is a guest house sitting just behind the main house on the property. We have a great front porch that we use continually through the spring and summer months. The second picture is a view of the mountains that surround. Interestingly enough, even when I sit at my desk in the bedroom I can see snow-covered mountains off to the west which are absolutely gorgeous. Every time I look at the mountains they remind me of God's creative power spoken of in Psalm 104:8, "The mountains rose and the valleys sank down to the place which You established for them." Even amidst $3+ gasoline and housing that is absolutely unaffordable, So. Cal does have some advantages. The magnificence of His creation warms the soul with comfort and joy.


Brent

No comments: